AVT and Cultural Mediation: Focus on Description
June 29-30, 2016, Norwich
Image Source: UEA
Image Source: UEA
Cross-fertilization and collation of research into AVT as linguistic and cultural representation: agenda for the way forward.
Select a participants name to find out more.
|9:00||Registration and tea/coffee|
|9:30||Setting the context with individual presentations|
|12:30||Lunch, and walk or visit to the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Art|
|14:15||Workshop, in three groups:
• Response to morning presentations
• Discussion of a sample of data from the perspectives represented in the group
• Synthesis of workshop outcomes
• Collaborations? funders? actions? directory of research and/or other project website activities? Publications…
|18:15||Taxi to the city centre/Cathedral Close. We will have a short city & cathedral tour.|
|19:30||Dinner in the city Centre. Meet at the Iron House. We will then all get a taxi back to UEA.|
Workshop on audiovisual translation and foreign films as vehicles for intercultural literacy for 6th form foreign language and media students from the Norfolk region.
|9:45 - 10:00||Arrive Paston College|
|10:00||Introduction: What do we know about film(s in) translation?|
|10:20||Breakout groups (4-5 students per group).
Two per groups in rotation from the set below:
• Doing subtitling
• Doing dubbing
• Languages and Cultures through the vista of subtitling
• Languages and Cultures through the vista of dubbing
|11:45||Discussion/feedback in small groups: report on/discussion activities with a different group leader|
|12:00||Clipflair - Foreign Language Learning through Interactive Revoicing & Captioning of Clips|
|12:30||Full group debriefing with short reports from each of the subgroup
What do we know about film(s in) translation now?
|13:00||Depart Paston College|